recipe for the scrumptious strawberry meringue cake
150 gram soft butter
2 dl sugar
3 tsp baking soda
8 egg yolks
3 dl wheat flour
4 tbsp milk
juice from 1 lime
8 egg whites
4 dl sugar
peel from 1 lime
6 dl whipped cream
3 dl vanilla cream
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees celcius.
2. Mix butter and sugar well together. Add baking soda and lime juice. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time for approximately 4-5 minutes. The batter is supposed to be light and fluffy.
3. Add wheat flour and milk to egg batter on low speed until just combined.
4. Pour into two greased and floured 20 cm round cake pans.
5. Tip the egg whites into a large clean mixing bowl (not plastic). Beat them on medium speed with an electric hand whisk until the mixture resembles a fluffy cloud and stands up in stiff peaks when the blades are lifted.
6. Add sugar and lime peel to egg whites and beat for another few minutes.
7. Spread meringue on sponge cake batter in the round cake pans.
8. Bake cake for approximately 45 minutes.
9. Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the cake pan.
10. Whip cream and make vanilla cream and cut up fresh strawberries.
11. Spread a layer of whipped cream and vanilla cream on the one of the cakes.
12. Lay out fresh strawberries and put on the next cake.
13. Spread another layer of whipped cream (either only on top or on the sides as well).
14. Decorate as pleased!
den ser jättegod ut! ^^
Jätte fin tårta :)
ÅH, SÅ SJUKT GOTT DE SER UT! :)