overnight crushed wheat bread
This is the simplest bread you'll ever deal with. I made it at 9 pm on a school night a few days ago. The next morning I had freshly homemade bread in 15 minutes - on a school morning! Freaking awesome! It is fluffy and luscious and healthy and delicious. Try it!OVERNIGHT BREAD
50 gr fresh yeast
10 dl water
2,5 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
4 dl whole wheat flour
1,5 dl wheat bran
1 dl crushed wheat
9 dl spelt flour
9 dl wheat flour
Do this at night:
1. Crumble yeast in a LARGE bowl. It will rise a lot.
2. Add salt to the yeast and let it melt. (The salt starts a chemical reaction that makes this happen!)
3. Add lukewarm water and mix.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to loose dough. Do it by hand and not in a kitchen machine.
5. Cover with a kitchen towel and put in a cold place during the night.
Do this in the morning:
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees celsius.
2. Put a lot of flour on baking board and carefully pour the dough on it. Don't knead it!
3. Carefully make a rectangle out of the dough. It is important that the air doesn't come out.
4. Cut the dough into four stripes and each stripe into five pieces. It is absolutely fine if they're uneven.
5. Put the unbaked bread pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes. It is supposed to get a real good crust! Let cool on a rack. Eat!
det ser gott ut, NOM NOM NOM NOM