I made this luscious saffron cake the night before last. It is so good. I just love saffron with simply all my heart and soul. Probably the best spice in this world. Here's the recipe, both unfortunately and fortunately with Swedish measurements and written in English.
7.5 dl sugar
200 gr melted butter
1 gr saffron
6 dl whole milk
6.5 tsk baking powder
14 dl wheat flour
1 dl pearl sugar for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Grease a big pan, approximately 40x50 cm.
2. Beat sugar and eggs until a light and creamy. Use an extremely large bowl. One that can fit at least 3.5 liters.
3. Melt butter and mix with saffron and milk.
4. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
5. Stir everything together until the batter is nice and even.
6. Pour into pan and garnish with pearl sugar.
7. Bake for 23 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Let cool before cutting into pieces.
åh vad glad jag blir julia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! älskade din gamla blogg, och nu en ny fräsch!!!!!!!!! datafixerad
(skriver i alla fall min kommentarer på svenska)