cocoa basil oatmeal
Look what I tried out this morning! I have a big basil plant in a little green house in my kitchen and I thought to myself that it is sad that I don't use it more! So i tried mixing it in my oatmeal this morning...I know, weird right? But you know what! It turned out really well. The chocolate flavor mixed surprisingly well with the basil and the sea salt flavor actually!
1 dl rolled oats
2 dl water
some sunflower seeds
a little bit of flax seeds
2 tsbp cocoa powder
1. Let oats, water, sunflower seeds and flax seeds come to a boil.
2. Let boil for a couple of minutes (until oatmeal-likey).
3. Cut banana into pieces and add both banana and cocoa powder to oatmeal.
4. Cut a few basil leaves and mix in with oatmeal.
5. Sprinkle sea salt on top!