I made this delicious carrot bread the other day. It is absolutely delightful and it fills you right up. Also, it is pretty healthy depending on what kind of flour you mix in. Feel free to be spontaneous.
5 dl milk
50 gr fresh yeast
0.5 dl canola oil
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
8-10 dl wheat flour
1 dl rolled oats
0.5 dl sunflower seeds
0.5 dl flax seeds
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees celsius.
2. Crumble yeast into a large bowl.
3. Heat milk to 37 degrees celsius and mix with yeast.
4. Add oil, grated carrots, honey and salt.
5. Gradually mix in all of the flour and knead well until not real sticky - just pulling away from the counter, but still sticky to touch.
6. Let rise for 30 minutes.
7. Place in a greased big pan, pushing it all the way to the edges.
8. Cut in pieces and prick with a fork.
9. Let rise for another 30 minute and then bake for approximately 15 minutes.
10. Optionally, lightly brush the top with a mixture of salt and water, the last few minutes to get a crispy crust.